Nominate a student athlete right now for Student Athlete of the Week. You can nominate the student by filling out the form below and clicking the submit button.
In order to nominate a student athlete, you must be a school principal, teacher or counselor who is 18 years of age or older as of date of nomination and reside in Maryland in one the following counties: Harford, Baltimore, Baltimore City, Anne Arundel, Carroll, Cecil, Queen Anne’s and Howard (the “WMAR DMA”). Students attending any school in the WMAR DMA, in any grade level from kindergarten through high school and who plays a sport for their school (“Student Athlete), may be nominated. Identify a student athlete that demonstrates some (but not necessarily all) of the following nine qualifications:
1. Persistence in giving personal best
2. An inspiring example to others
3. Peer leadership
4. Strong contribution to school and/or community (through volunteerism, school clubs, extra-curricular activities, projects, etc.)
5. High academic achievement
6. Positive attitude
7. Perseverance (i.e. overcoming a handicap, behavioral problem, or other personal difficulty)
8. Love of learning
9. Desire, determination, and diligence to improve
Fill out the nomination form below, or send a detailed letter including the information requested to WMAR-TV. The nomination materials will be referred to as the “Nomination.”
If you choose to send your nomination in via mail, send a letter to the following address:
Student Athlete of the Week
6400 York Road
Baltimore, MD 21212
Please note, you should not include any contact information (email address, phone number, etc.) for the student athlete himself/herself.
Employees of Scripps Media, Inc. d/b/a WMAR-TV (“Sponsor”), and of its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and the immediate family members (spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate as either nominators or nominated student athletes.
A panel of judges will select one Student Athlete of the Week every Tuesday beginning September 13, 2016 thru May 23, 2017 (“Nomination Period”) from all nominations received as of 11:59 PM ET the Monday before each selection. The selection process is ongoing, and all student athletes nominated will be eligible throughout the Nomination Period, regardless of the nomination date, until designated a Student Athlete of the Week. Sponsor will determine the Student Athlete of the Week based on the above criteria. There is no prize for being selected beyond recognition as the Student Athlete of the Week.
The “Student Athlete of the Week” host will attempt to contact the nominator of the student athlete selected by email. Nominator must respond within 24 hours of initial notification attempt. In nominator does not respond by the deadline or if the nominator or student athlete is ineligible or not in compliance with these terms, the nomination will be disqualified, and Sponsor may select an alternate Student Athlete of the Week, time permitting. Due to the potential number of nominations, the Student Athlete of the Week panel will not notify the nominators of student athletes who are not selected.
Each Nomination must satisfy all of the following submission requirements (the “Submission Requirements”:
- The Nomination must be the original creation of nominator.
- The nominator must either own all rights to the Nomination or otherwise have the right to submit the Nomination and to provide the rights to Sponsor as set forth herein.
- The Nomination must not infringe any third party’s intellectual property right.
- The Nomination must not contain illegal, indecent, obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit content, or otherwise offensive material or inappropriate content.
- The Nomination must not promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- The Nomination must be non-defamatory and must not invade any third party’s right of privacy or publicity.
- The Nomination must otherwise be appropriate for publication or broadcast or display on a general interest website.
By submitting a Nomination, each nominator represents and warrants that the Nomination meets all of the Submission Requirements and that the distribution, reproduction, display and any other uses of any part of the Nomination by Sponsor or its licensees as permitted herein will not infringe any third party rights. Each nominator further agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, liabilities and causes of action of whatsoever nature that are based upon or arise out of any breach by such nominator of such warranties or representations made by nominator or of these terms.
By submitting a Nomination, nominator grants to Sponsor (and to those acting on its behalf) a non-exclusive, perpetual, world-wide, fully sub-licensable, royalty-free license (and waives all moral rights in and to the Nomination) to display or otherwise use the Nomination in connection with the Student Athlete of the Week feature and as set forth herein.
If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion and at any time, that any Nomination violates the Submission Requirements, is otherwise unsuitable, offensive, or in poor taste, or violates these terms, Sponsor reserves the right to remove and disqualify the Nomination. Sponsor retains sole discretion as to whether any Nomination satisfies the Submission Requirements and the terms.
Thank you for the time you are taking to inquire about a segment we are very excited about!